I have represented public and private corporations and high net worth individuals since 1987 in commercial and employment litigation and arbitration in a variety of industries including real estate, financial services, insurance, hotel management, aviation, shipbuilding, mining, securities, and the music industry.
My broad experience primarily relates to business disputes between partners, co-owners, vendors/purchasers, borrowers and lenders, and disputes between employees and their employers, particularly brokers or executives and firms. I have appeared before the following tribunals:
- The Commercial Division of the New York Supreme Court
- The United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of New York
- The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the Ninth Circuit
- New Jersey Superior Court – Civil Division (admitted pro hac vice)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Association (FINRA)
- The American Arbitration Association
- The International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- The London Court of International Arbitration
I have been affiliated with the law firms of Kraus & Zuchlewski LLP (Employment law) and The Ryan Law Group (Commercial and Real Estate Litigation) since 2014. My office is on the premises of Kraus & Zuchlewski LLP. Robert Kraus and Pearl Zuchlewski are prominent employment lawyers who on occasion need assistance initiating, prosecuting, or defending employment claims in court and commercial disputes. Andrew Ryan is a well-respected former partner at Salisbury & Ryan who practices in large commercial litigations.
I was Senior Counsel at Salisbury & Ryan LLP from 2002-2003 and from 2006-2014. There I focused on complex commercial disputes, generally involving international parties. I was Of Counsel at a major New York litigation firm from 2004-2006, where i represented clients in toxic tort litigation. In 2003 I spent a few months consulting in preparation for trial at Abelman Frayne & Schwab (no relation). From 1995-2002, I practiced in the music industry, including positions representing entertainment clients in deals and in litigation at Elektra Entertainment Group (a member of the Warner Music Group), Greenberg Traurig LLP, and EMI Music Publishing.
Prior to joining Elektra in 1995, I worked as a litigation associate at three prominent New York law firms: Leboeuf Lamb Leiby & MacRae (1987-1989), Wilkie Farr & Gallagher (1989-1991), and Mayer Brown & Platt (1991-1995). At these firms I represented insurance companies, public companies in securities litigation, broker/dealers, and lenders.
I obtained my B.A. in History from Yale College in 1983, and my law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1986.